Thursday, April 26, 2012

Time Travel

I was thinking the other day how nice it would be to travel back in time. Not to change anything in history, of course, but to relive special moments that have passed. Like spending time with my Grandpa and Grandma Smith, hearing them pray, hearing Grandpa preach, and tasting Grandma's wonderful cooking. Especially her "cat head biscuits". Now these biscuits had nothing to do with cats other than they were about the size of a cat's head (hence the name). Other things I miss are going to Woolsworth's Department Store and getting a hot dog, then heading downstairs to the toy department. And the times when my parents would take Gary and I to Disneyland or the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. Or even to Piemonte's Deli to get a sandwich and then to Roeding Park for a picnic. Well, since actual time travel isn't possible, I'll just have to continue to hold these events in my memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment